Scottsdale Arts (SA) is a nationally-recognized not-for-profit arts organizations whose mission is to create diverse visual, performing and public arts experiences that engage the community. SA operates the Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts, the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Public Art, and administers arts and cultural affairs for the City of Scottsdale, Arizona. SA also provides a robust arts education in the form of tours, hands-on activities, lectures, workshops and classroom-based and community outreach.
We are seeking a leader who is passionate about the arts and can provide visionary guidance, executive leadership, direction and management of SA which includes strategic thinking, fiscal accountability, staff development, board engagement, fundraising and experience in collaborating with various constituencies including other arts, business and civic organizations.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the following:
• Being a compelling and collaborative advocate for the arts in the City of Scottsdale
• Providing transparent and consistent communication to the Board, City Council, and all related patrons and supporters of the organization
• Provides an atmosphere conducive to the development, inspiration, and respect of a strong, multi-disciplinary leadership team.
• Fiscal management and bottom line accountability
• Cultivating individual staff engagement
• Establishing new and growing existing partnerships with corporations and individual supporters
• Managing board relationships and creating accountability for board members
• Building collaborative relationships with the City of Scottsdale and other local arts, business and civic organizations
• Growing the arts experiences for the Scottsdale community though new innovative and creative programming and education
Successful candidates will have characteristics and qualities that encompass integrity, be a relationship builder and collaborator both internally and externally, have strong communication and strategic leadership skills, generate positive community relations, have strong fundraising skills and innovative thinking.
Qualified individuals should possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field and minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management/executive setting. Demonstrated experience in multi-disciplinary arts and/or experience in arts administration is strongly preferred, either in a work or volunteer leadership setting.
Candidates should submit a resume and attach a one-page narrative describing (i) skill sets and applicability to SA and (ii) rationale for the interest in leading SA. Send Resumes to SAsearch@scottsdalearts.org