In close collaboration with the Sr. Development Officer, the Development Manager is responsible for overseeing and implementing all phases of the Museum’s comprehensive $2 million annual fundraising program including the annual fund, special events, and membership in support of the Museum’s mission during an anticipated $25 million 75th anniversary capital campaign.
• Lead the advancement of a strong, diversified fundraising program through annual and long-term direct-mail, special events, and database management strategies and implementation
• Direct current systems and develop additional giving concepts to achieve annual contributed income goals, including the Director’s Circle and Annual Summer Fundraising Event as well as Barnstormer and High-Level Member activation
• Develop the capacity of board and staff members to participate in fundraising through connecting with prospects and articulating the need and giving opportunities
• Maintain and enhance systems, reporting, accountability, and evaluation of the development process including Blackbaud, Word and Excel
• Oversee preparation of high-quality collateral materials, proposals, and reports
• Understand and communicate Shelburne Museum’s programmatic impact in a compelling message to effectively engage potential donors
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree is required, with a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising
• Proven leadership and management capabilities, ranging from creating and executing plans and achieving goals, to a commitment to excellence in all development activities
• Substantial experience implementing fundraising plans and cultivating relationships for all funding streams with a proven track record of achieving contributed income targets of $1M+ annually
• Positive, “can-do” attitude, flexible, team-oriented, attends to detail and shows initiative
• Excellent oral, written, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Applicants may apply by completing an application form and attaching it, along with a cover letter and resume to Human_Resources@shelburnemuseum.org.