Organization: Wrightwood 659
Country: United States
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Level: Executive Director
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Wrightwood 659, a new Chicago arts space start-up, seeks an experienced and entrepreneurial Executive Director to be our inaugural full-time leader. Progressive, LGBTQ-friendly organization pursuing a dialogue around current social issues, current and past exhibitions are dedicated to promoting architecture and socially engaged art and have received national and international acclaim. No fundraising or other development activities; strong passion for our mission is critical. An applicable advanced degree is required.
Position Description: The Executive Director serves as the chief executive to advance the mission of the organization.
• Strategic Planning - Face of the organization responsible for strategic direction and implementing a high-quality vision
• Staff Leadership and Management - Influential manager willing to build, lead and motivate a talented team of professionals and hire and evaluate staff
• Art - Cultivate strong relationships with curators and other art professionals; architecture and/or Asian art background helpful but not necessary
• Fiscal - Oversee budgets and expenses relating to exhibitions
• Advocacy - Passionate commitment to a progressive social agenda and an appreciation for and dedication to good design and architecture
• Entrepreneurial Spirit – Lead with an entrepreneurial and creative approach to decision-making
• Marketing - Oversee marketing efforts to assure that they align with strategic goals
• Community Relations - Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the organization in ways that strengthen its profile
• Advanced degree and proven experience as an executive director or in other managerial positions
• Analytical mind capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
• Outstanding organizational abilities and attention to detail
• Strong understanding of measures of performance
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
• Ability to adapt to change, have resilience under pressure, and maintain a sense of humor
• Full-time position requiring consistent Chicago presence
Favorable competitive pay package commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, submit (i) cover letter describing interest and qualifications for the position, (ii) resume, and (iii) a minimum of five professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.