Campaign Gifts Manager
Job Status: Full-time, temporary
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, some weekends & evenings
Travel Required: 50%, local
Positions Supervised: None
Position Summary: The Campaign Gifts Manager is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on our 3-year, $20 million campaign. They will also work closely with the Director and CEO to actively drive fundraising efforts from individual and corporate donors in support of our comprehensive campaign.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Work with Director of Advancement, Campaign team, and Director and CEO to develop and coordinate major and middle gift solicitations for the campaign
2. Create strategic plans for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors
3. Manage and cultivate relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects.
4. Maintain an active schedule of personal solicitations and cultivation visits
5. Participate in and leverage other fundraising activities and events as part of an individual cultivation strategy
6. Ensure that prospects are moved through the lifecycle of a portfolio at an appropriate pace
7. Secure major gifts at the $10,000-$100,000 or more with the goal of raising $20 million
8. Make direct, face to face solicitations, and assist the board and other campaign staff with their solicitations.
9. Oversee portfolio of 200 donors or prospects
10. Identify additional cultivation opportunities
11. Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database.
12. Track and report progress using specific metrics.
13. Other responsibilities assigned by the Director of Advancement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Campaign Gifts Manager must display leadership skills and thorough knowledge of fund development principles, strategies, and tactics. They must have a high level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising. Have the proven ability to interact and influence philanthropic leaders. Able to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents. They must be able to communicate effectively verbally and written. Excellent presentation skills. Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines. They must maintain a cooperative and pleasant work relationship with fellow employees, volunteers, and visitors. The Campaign Gifts Manager needs the ability to remain calm and effectively prioritize tasks as multiple requests may be made by coworkers.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent professional experience
2. A minimum of five (5) years of Development/Advancement experience and proven success personally soliciting gifts. Direct solicitation experience required.
3. Experience in major gift fundraising for a capital campaign with a proven track record
4. Successful track record working with boards, donors, the public and staff
5. Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
6. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to achieve results in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
7. Proficiency with donor databases, especially Raiser’s Edge or similar software, Altru, and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Office 365, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
8. Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional nights and weekends
Physical Job Requirements: While performing this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, (75%) and sit (25%). Will be required to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. Must have the manual dexterity required for writing, phone and computer use. Must be able to communicate verbally.
GRAM has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Please visit our website at www.artmuseumgr.org and apply under the Careers page.