The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
• We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
• We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
• We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
• We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
• We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
We are seeking a brilliant and gifted Head of Communications and Content to lead the strategic communications and creative production efforts for the institution. This person will define and design an architecture for communications and content that consistently reflects the Walker’s public voice; raises the institutions visibility among diverse audiences, and positions the Walker as a thought leader in the museum and design fields.
This senior leadership role oversees the teams, and cross-departmental efforts, that coordinate all communications to the wide variety of Walker constituents including media, artists, corporate partners, Walker Staff and the general public. This position has accountability for the quality, tone and execution of creative requests, ensuring consistent and accessible branding and design standards throughout all communications, including web, social media, print, video, and any other future technologies or channels.
In collaboration with Senior Leaders, this role will identify opportunities and develop messaging at the institutional level as well as support the Walker’s program, operational and earned income objectives. They will lead the creative, collaborative approach to reaching Walker’s audiences and constituents. They ensure the development and communication of innovative and compelling stories that illuminates Walker’s dynamic multi-platform programming, its position as a champion of experimental and innovative ideas, and the value of contemporary art and culture. And they will actively build connections across the institution and open communication so all departments, and all staff members within the institution, are aligned and working together to strengthen the brand and voice of the Walker.
• Full-time (35 hours), Exempt
• Salary $150k-180k dependent on experience; excellent benefits package; generous 403(b)
• Walker membership, museum discount, and opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5-7 years demonstrated experience leading, developing and implementing communication strategies across cultural, arts or educational organizations. They will have demonstrated experience building and maintaining a creative, team-oriented, diverse environment. They will have sound project management skills with regard to schedules, budgets and resources, but will also have no problem rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. And they will bring with them a strong knowledge and passion for illuminating the work of contemporary artists and designers.
Apply at www.walkerart.org/jobs