Reporting to Mia’s COO, the Head of Information Systems oversees all uses of information technology at the museum. Responsible for the creation and execution of the museum’s IT strategy ensuring the museum’s IT systems support the work of Mia’s staff as they deliver the museum’s mission. Lead the museum’s technology operations, establish and maintain IT-related policies, and lead the Information Systems team.
Full time, Exempt position
In this role, you will…
- Lead the development of an Information Systems strategy that aligns with, and supports, Mia’s strategic goals and supports Mia’s mission and values.
- Set objectives and strategies for the department and lead the selection, implementation, and management of IT projects.
- Ensure IT projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Oversee the department staff’s responsibilities for the ongoing operations and support of all museum application software including CRM, POS, finance, collections management, security, facilities, and other museum application systems.
- Manage, support, mentor, coach, and provide leadership to the IS staff.
- Oversee IT infrastructure staff to ensure server and network efficiency, performance, access, security, backup, account management, and documentation.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors to complement and supplement the work of the IS department staff.
- Perform cost-benefit and ROI analyses for proposed systems/changes to assist leadership in decision-making.
- Participate on and lead project teams including internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Mia’s staff at all levels to ensure their technology supports their needs.
To be successful in this role…
You have experience leading a department and can effectively motivate and manage a team. You understand technical jargon and can easily explain it to non-technical people. You can manage a project from start to finish and bring it to completion on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an IT leadership role with a minimum of ten years of progressively increasing accountability in information systems including development of IT strategies and managing information systems technical staff and supervising day-to-day work.
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems.
- Experience with cloud-based architecture, preferably MS Azure and AWS.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Agile project management and Design Thinking framework.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Flexible work style and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- CRM experience preferred (Salesforce experience a plus).
- Collections management experience preferred (TMS and Mediabin a plus).
- Experience leading software development projects preferred.
- Satisfactory criminal and credit background check required.
The Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia) is an audience-centered, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome. Mia is Mission Driven, Generous, Agile, Emotionally Aware, and Positive, and endeavors to create a workplace culture where staff are responsible to one another, to our visitors, and to themselves to do the best work possible.
To be considered for this position, please apply online at https://jobs-artsmia.submittable.com/submit.
Open until filled.
Mia is committed to championing policies and practices that value diversity, foster equity, and empower an accessible and inclusive environment. Our strength lies in the diversity among the broad range of people who contribute their time and talents to Mia. We consider inclusion and accessibility a driver of institutional excellence and seek out diversity of participation, thought, and action. It is our aim, therefore, that our employees, trustees, interns, and volunteers reflect and embrace these core values.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER