The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for maintaining operating and restricted gift databases. Manages the allocation to the GL of payroll data. Processes cash receipts and supervises the integration of revenue entries. Maintains Works of Art Fund. Assists Controller with audit/tax work papers and provides backup to the Controller.
In this role, you will…
• Update and maintain General Operating, and Restricted Gift databases.
• Manage the allocation to the GL of payroll data
• Process cash receipts and supervise the integration of revenue entries.
• Process journal entries and manage revenue activity.
• Assist the Controller with audit and tax workpapers.
• Prepare and maintain the Works of Art Fund and related reports: Coordinate the payment of works of art purchases and deposit of works of art monetary donations; coordinate and assists with works of art inventories.
• Provide backup to Controller and Accounting Manager for critical department functions.
• Assist in the financial close process including entry and posting of journal entries & reconciliations of ledge accounts
To be successful in this role…
You are patient and open-minded with positive and effective verbal and written communication skills. You enjoy working in a collaborative, goal-oriented, and time-sensitive environment. You love solving problems and creating new ways of accomplishing tasks that meet the needs of all involved. You set challenging goals and achieve them while also taking advantage of promising opportunities.
• BA or BS in Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five to seven years of accounting experience.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, and advanced Excel skills including v-lookups and pivot tables.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work responsibly with confidential information.
• Proficiency with NetSuite or Other Cloud Based Accounting Systems.
• Not for profit experience preferred. CPA a plus.
The Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia) is an audience-centered, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome. Mia is Mission Driven, Generous, Agile, Emotionally Aware, and Positive, and endeavors to create a workplace culture where staff are responsible to one another, to our visitors, and to themselves to do the best work possible.
To be considered for this position, please apply online at https://jobs-artsmia.submittable.com/submit.
Open until filled.
Mia is committed to championing policies and practices that value diversity, foster equity, and empower an accessible and inclusive environment. Our strength lies in the diversity among the broad range of people who contribute their time and talents to Mia. We consider inclusion and accessibility a driver of institutional excellence and seek out diversity of participation, thought, and action. It is our aim, therefore, that our employees, trustees, interns, and volunteers reflect and embrace these core values.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER