Serves as a liaison for the Deputy Director and Chief Curator. Provides project management and coordination for cross departmental curatorial projects including exhibitions, collection displays, publications, research projects, and related programs.
Reporting to the Deputy Director and Chief Curator of the Yale Center for British Art, the Curatorial Project Manager oversees a variety of projects and programs that pertain to the activities of the Curatorial Division. The position is responsible for strategic coordination across departments and acts as a communication and decision-making channel for the Deputy Director and Chief Curator. The Curatorial Project Manager works on wide-ranging assignments to develop goals, establish timelines, conduct research, produce writing, and oversee the timely completion of deliverables.
Specifically, this position will:
1. Serve as a liaison between the Chief Curator, curatorial staff, and key stakeholders to develop exhibitions and project timelines, deliverables, and budgets
2. Coordinate and schedule project milestones; assure communication and monitor timely submission of checklists, contracts, budgets, written materials
3. Facilitate cross departmental discussions by planning meetings pertaining to exhibitions. Defines the agenda, prepares summary documentation, and captures meeting minutes.
4. Facilitate ongoing project meetings involving curatorial staff and non-curatorial departments; provide regular updates and monitor deadlines and deliverables
5. Represent the Chief Curator at installation and deinstallation planning meetings
6. Act as source of expert information on projects; present and communicate on projects; serve as a communication channel for the Chief Curator
7. Undertake outreach to external groups and stakeholders to promote knowledge of curatorial projects and programs.
8. Produce written materials related to projects for internal and external use
9. Conduct project-related research for the Chief Curator. Prepare reports and presentation for internal 10. and external meetings
Coordinate the activities of staff involved in projects
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and four years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to proofread text.
Exceptional organizational skills, including the effective use of computer tools for planning and tracking progress of tasks associated with project plans.
Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record of working collaboratively with a wide range of audiences and stakeholders.
Fluent user of computer programs; ability and willingness to learn new programs as needed.
Self-directed. Problem-solving skills.
Preferred Education/Experience/Skills: Master’s Degree in related field and at least five years of relevant experience. Knowledge of Qualtrix and previous experience working for a museum or institution of higher education.
To apply: https://bit.ly/YaleCareers-75258BR