International Arts & Artists (IA&A) is a 501(c)3 arts service organization dedicated to promoting cross-cultural understanding and exposure to the arts internationally. IA&A was founded in 1995 and operates in Washington, D.C., with a professional staff of 15 and at a budget of $2M annually. For more information, see www.artsandartists.org.
IA&A is comprised of –
- A world-renowned Traveling Exhibition Service that tours 15-25 fine arts & decorative arts exhibitions annually to museums nationally and internationally.
- An on-site contemporary art space that produces monthly exhibitions (IA&A at Hillyer).
- An art collection of nearly 400 works (the Hechinger: Tools as Art collection).
- A Cultural Exchange Program that brings 130+ interns, trainees, and scholars to the U.S. yearly.
IA&A is a distinctive and unique organization that requires the vision and leadership of a talented, energetic, dynamic, entrepreneurial, and thoughtful President / CEO who can continue its growth.
Ideal candidates will have –
- A passion for IA&A’s mission of increasing cross-cultural understanding through the arts.
- 10+ years of appropriate professional experience, including at least five years in an executive role.
- Substantive connections in the arts and strong relationships with national & international arts leaders.
- A record of success in the growth of her/his past endeavors.
- A deep understanding of, and a driving commitment to, the arts and cultural exchange.
- A history of effective leadership and the ability to motivate and inspire a small but talented team.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with strong business acumen, a drive for results, and a track record in building new relationships and developing new programs.
- Track record in building revenue earned and charitable revenue streams.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for International Arts & Artists. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/iaa-chief-executive-of....